Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm is Coming!

PortalHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Fox stories, First episode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Est0niA
Admin
Admin
Est0niA

Antal inlägg : 14
Celestial Points : 5437

Fox stories, First episode Empty
PostSubject: Fox stories, First episode   Fox stories, First episode I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:41 am

The foxes which infested the house and grounds of Major Counselor Yasumichi's old mansion were always making mischief, but since they never really did any harm Yasumichi let the matter pass. They got naughtier and naughtier as the years went by, though, until one day he angrily decided that enough was enough. Those foxes would have to go.

He announced a grand fox hunt to his household, for the next day. The servants were to bring bows and arrows, sticks, or whatever weapons they could devise, and flush out every last one. They would surround the house, and men would be posted not only on the garden wall but on the roof as well, and even in the space between the ceiling of the rooms and the roof. Every fox that showed itself would be killed.

Near dawn on the fateful day Yasumichi had a dream. A white-haired old man, looking rather like an aged menial, was kneeling under the tangerine tree in the garden, bowing respectfully to him.

"Who are you?" asked Yasumichi.

"Someone who has lived here in the mansion for many years, sir," the old man answered nervously. "My father lived here before me, sire, and by now I have many children and grandchildren. They get into a lot of mischief, I'm afraid, and I'm always after them to stop, but they never listen. And now, sir, you're understandably fed up with us. I gather that you're going to kill us all. But I just want you to know, sir, how sorry I am that this is our last night of life. Won't you pardon us, one more time? If we ever make trouble again, then of course you must act as you think best. But the young ones, sir -- I'm sure they'll understand when I explain to them why you're so upset. We'll do everything we can to protect you from now on, if only you'll forgive us, and we'll be sure to let you know when anything good is going to happen!"

The old man bowed again and Yasumichi awoke. When the sky had lightened, he got up and looked outside. Under the tangerine tree sat a hairless old fox which, and the sight of him, slunk under the house.
The perplexed Yasumichi gave up his fox hunt. There was no more troublesome mischief, and every happy event around the house was announced by a fox's sharp bark.
Back to top Go down
https://stormbringers.forum.st/
XVersus
Noob
Noob
XVersus

Antal inlägg : 4
Celestial Points : 5419

Fox stories, First episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox stories, First episode   Fox stories, First episode I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 pm

WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS?
Back to top Go down

Fox stories, First episode
Page 1 of 1